Stand-up comedy does not have to be for expert comedians only. If that were the case, there wouldn’t be any newcomers in the comedy industry. Everyone needs to try making jokes in front of a crowd every once in a while. In fact, it’s good for people’s well-being to try something as fun and as exhilarating as performing at a comedy bar. Today, let us talk about the top 5 reasons performing stand-comedy is good for everyone.
Here are five of the top reasons how stand-up comedy is useful not just for professionals, but for everyone:
- It’s a thrilling new experience Millennials love trying new things, such as hiking, backpacking abroad, or searching for exotic food. Performing in front of other people is an exciting new experience, too. Compared to other activities, it is quite a unique one, bringing out adrenaline that many people look for.
- It brings out the confidence to talk in public Performing stand-up comedy is an exciting way to gain the confidence to talk in public. Unlike other public speaking venues, the environment in a comedy bar is laid-back and casual. The topics are informal and fun, too, which removes the pressure to talk like a pro. This gives the speaker the confidence to discuss whatever interests the group openly. The initial phases might seem patchy, but it’s easy to get the hang of it once the audience laughs. This is a great form of practice for anyone who wants to level up their public speaking skills.
- It improves creativity and sharpens the wit Most people have day jobs that don’t let them explore their creativity. It is inspiring to be in the presence of fellow creative people that flock to comedy bars. It is also pretty challenging to form jokes and funny anecdotes and deliver them in a charismatic way. It brings out one’s creativity and sharpens one’s wit to come up with more lines to entertain the crowd. That said, it is an ideal exercise for aspiring writers or actors to get their creative juices flowing.
- It’s a cool way to relieve stress Stand-up comedy is a quick escape from a monotonous life. Making jokes and seeing people laugh is contagious. It makes the comedian happy and relieved to see that other people appreciate their jokes. In a comedy bar, there are also many exciting people to meet. So, the overall experience is a great way to relieve stress and leave all worries behind.
- It’s great for bonding with family and friends Performing a stand-up comedy is definitely a show to behold. It is an opportunity to invite one’s friends and family to watch the show. It’s more interesting to be the person who is the source of entertainment instead of simply watching a show together. Also, the fun atmosphere is a chance to bond with other people and share moments with them.
Conclusion People must try the experience of performing stand-up at least once. Some people try performing stand-up and end up making it a hobby or even a career. Side Splitters Comedy is a premier comedy club that offers stand-up performances with national and homegrown comedy stars. We also hold open mic comedy shows where anyone is given a chance to take part in a fun and worthwhile experience. Do you agree with the top 5 reasons performing stand-comedy is good for everyone?