Fun Things to do in Tampa, FL
The variety of fun things to do in Tampa for all ages is almost endless. Whether you’re looking for a theme park, activities on the water, picnics at a park, a cultural venue, or a comedy club for adults, there are plenty of opportunities for entertainment morning, noon, and night.
- Side Splitters Comedy Club – When live standup comedy is on your fun-time agenda, Side Splitters Comedy Club is a well-known comedy club for adults. The open mic night | local comedy club in Tampa hosts events throughout the year. Check out their list of upcoming shows where comedian banter is the star attraction.
- Ybor City – Founded in 1886, this historic area in Tampa offers an up-close experience of Cuban culture. The city earned the name of “Cigar capital of the world” as it was a factory that was a main source for Cuban cigars. Step back in time while walking the cobblestone streets. Visit the many shops, enjoy authentic Cuban food and espresso, or sample the drinks at local bars while soaking up the atmosphere of days gone by.
- Florida Aquarium – Florida is known for its Gulf Coast waters and Tampa Bay teeming with underwater inhabitants. Located near downtown Tampa, The Florida Aquarium is an interesting and educational destination for everyone. Explore the 80-foot glass dome housing the wetlands habitat and numerous species as you meander along the Wetlands Trail. In the aquarium habitats, you’ll see local and exotic animals, such as sharks and otters, frolicking in natural settings.
- Busch Gardens – Since 1959, Busch Gardens has been known for its hospitality. The theme park is known worldwide, drawing over 4 million visitors annually. From its many food and drink kiosks, shopping venues, live performances, and spectacular rides to viewing its many animals and taking tours through wildlife habitats, fun and excitement is always the center of attention.
- Lowry Park – Situated across from the Hillsborough River, Lowry Park first opened in 1925. Today, the zoo plays a major role in conservation, earning it the distinction as one of the highest-ranking zoos in the nation. Visiting up-close encounters with animals, birds, and aquatic species from around the world is an adventure you won’t soon forget. The zoo also has assorted rides, dining options, wild adventures, and seasonal events. From African Painted Dogs and elephants to Florida panthers and manatees, the zoo and aquarium offers much to be seen. Across from the park, enjoy a walk along the river, enjoy a picnic at one of the shelters, or hop aboard the water taxi and head downtown.
- Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI) – Expand your mind at MOSI where you’ll have access to over 100 interactive scientific and technological activities. Whether you choose to lie on a bed of nails or explore a lunar colony, MOSI is a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Ben T. Davis Beach – When you’re in Tampa and the temperature is sizzling, pack up a cooler, sunscreen, and a beach towel and head to Ben T. Davis Beach, located along the Courtney Campbell Causeway, which leads to Clearwater. Set up a beach chair or roll out a towel and enjoy the sound of the bay, the white sandy beach, and the warmth of the sun at this popular Tampa beach. Restroom facilities and other amenities are available.
- Glazer Children’s Museum – For a day of play and discovery, the museum offers many interesting and entertaining things to do. The activities are designed to engage children interactively, whether it’s learning how to do creative art, making something in the workshop, or taking to the stage at the Twinkle Stars Theatre,
- Adventure Island – Located across from Busch Gardens, Adventure Island is the “coolest” place in Tampa. Put on your shades and sunscreen and reserve a cabana and get ready to enjoy hours of fun. Slip and slide down the water slides, meander down the lazy river, roll with the waves in the wave pool, experience virtual reality snorkeling, and much more at this fun-in-the-sun water park.
- The Tampa Riverwalk – Whether you choose to walk or bike, plan to spend time enjoying all that The Tampa Riverwalk offers. Along the walk there are currently 16 fun things from museums to event venues. Just a few of the stops include The Florida Aquarium, the American Victory Ship, Tampa Bay History Center, the Tampa Museum of Art, Straz Center for the Performing Arts, and a variety of parks. At the end, stop in at the historic Armature Works for a choice in food and refreshments.
This short list is just a sampling of fun things to do in Tampa. Whether you’re an avid hockey, football, or baseball fan, enjoy a good laugh, you’re a boating, fishing, or diving enthusiast, like exploring forested trails, or screaming while taking a wild ride on a rollercoaster, the city is an entertainment haven rich in culture, laughter, and adventure.